Sunday, July 18, 2010

Busy Weekend For The Lot of You

Sounds as though many of my Facebook friends and family had a busy weekend. Friends in Vegas that attended NAHA ( North American Hairdressing Awards ), family in Vegas getting some much needed R&R for the first time since the two boys were born (Pam hope you didn't spend too much in the forum shops! Oh, that reminds me. I asked Heather to ask you if you could pick me up one of those John Varvatos' 2 piece suits and possibly a nice watch to go with it...) Only Joking!

Heather(Isabel), Mia, and I had a relaxing weekend. Started it off with taking Heather(Isabel) and Mia swimming. only to find out that the water was too warm. Felt better getting out of the pool than it did getting in. Unfortunately I was only able to get in up to my waist because of my new tattoo I got on my left side of my ribs. (X.VI.MMV) which is shaped in a triangular pattern.The Numerics that I got etched are my first daughters birthday and for some strange reason I have a much bigger sense of closeness to Mia. Like a sealed bond between her and I. kind of weird, but bonded for sure.

My thoughts on NAHA. I am slightly disappointed in the results, seems as thought the results are as predictable as a poorly written reality show on NBC. Where is the WOW factor I remember in the industry. I truly believe that some of these poor contestants got the raw deal in most cases. This is art not a beauty contest! if you feel you want to check out the winners go to www.probeauty.org and look under NAHA finalists and winners for 2010. you can also see the past years winners. You will see what I am talking about. (Sorry NAHA winners)!




No comments:

Post a Comment